There is a wide variety of Ellen White resources available for youth and young adults of every taste and interest. The resources below will help spark young people’s interest in Ellen White and her writings and assist parents/leaders in sharing this treasure with the next generation.
Resources about Ellen White
- “Making Ellen White Teen-Friendly” and “Making Ellen White’s Writings Kid-Friendly” by Cindy Tutsch, recently retired associate director of the Ellen G. White Estate at the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Ellen White for Teens by Seth Pierce. Pacific Press, 2015.
- Understanding Ellen White edited by Merlin D. Burt. Pacific Press, 2015.
- The Ellen G. White Encyclopedia edited by Jerry Moon and Denis Fortin. Review and Herald Publishing, 2014.
- Ellen White series by George R. Knight. Review and Herald Publishing, 2001. Includes these books:
- Meeting Ellen White (a fresh look at her life, writings, and major themes. It’s especially helpful for new members).
- Reading Ellen White (includes principles for interpreting and applying her writings).
- Ellen White’s World (explores the political and social world in which Ellen White lived, and includes many photographs and drawings illustrating life in the 1800s).
- Walking With Ellen White (an intimate glimpse into Ellen White’s personal life as a wife, mother, friend, and Christian).
Simplified paraphrases and adaptations of Ellen White’s books for easier reading and comprehension
- A Call to Stand Apart (a footnoted adaptation of selected E.G. White writings on the topics of salvation, relationships, wellness, social justice, careers, and the authority of Scripture). Review and Herald Publishing, 2008.
- Connection by Steve Case (a paraphrased adaptation of Steps to Christ, also available as an audio book and as a free podcast on iTunes). Pacific Press, 2009.
- Messiah by Jerry Thomas (an adaptation of The Desire of Ages). Pacific Press, 2003.
- Steps to Christ: Youth Edition (includes stories, thought questions, and activities geared toward youth). Review and Herald Publishing, 2009.
- Steps to Jesus (a simplified version of Steps to Christ).
- Youth Edition of the Conflict of the Ages series (simplified versions, available for free online reading/download).
Several of these books are also available free at egwwritings.org under the “Modern English” section.
Compilations of Ellen White’s writings on topics pertinent to youth
- The Adventist Home (includes chapters on dating and preparing for marriage)
- Letters to Young Lovers (Ellen White’s counsels about love and relationships, with added background about specific people and situations she addressed)
- Messages to Young People
- Mind, Character, and Personality, vol. 1 and vol. 2
- Testimonies on Sexual Behavior, Adultery and Divorce
- Entire collection of E.G. White’s Youth’s Instructor articles